- Full time
- United States
- @Viking Cruises posted 3 months ago
- Posted : January 3, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 818
Job ID 18020
- Career Level Staff
- Experience 3 Years
- Gender Male/Female
- Industry Galley
- Qualifications Diploma
WORKING WITH VIKING
As a Viking Shipboard Team Member, you represent Viking’s values and our Service Standard, STAR Service. You are a hospitality professional with a passion for excellence. Viking will empower you with the skills, knowledge and tools to succeed in your role onboard. At Viking, we are committed to each other and our Guests through a shared set of values. We strive to be the best, we always impress our Guests and we care for each other as a family. By working for Viking, you embody our world-class service culture and become a valued part of our Viking Family.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Assistant Cook prepares delicious meals for our Guests and Crew, according to the various recipes as set out by the Executive Chef.
- You are required to have basic culinary skills that can be applied in any section of the kitchen operation.
- It is your responsibility to maintain a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- Prepare basic food items as per recipes and instructions received from the relevant Supervisor.
- Ensure that the allocated station is well kept and maintain impeccable standards of cleanliness, as per Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure economical work practices and control food production to minimize and/or avoid wastage.
- Ensure that food preparations/storage are in line with all Public Health Policies and Company Regulations and enforce & maintain “clean as you go” work habits.
- Separate & remove garbage and place it in designated containers; clean garbage as often as needed, ensuring those separation procedures and all Public Health Standards are maintained.
- Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking’s Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Culinary Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in any section assigned by the relevant Supervisor – the assigned section can change at any given moment.
This document describes the primary activities, duties and responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
- A required minimum of 3 years plus experience as an Assistant Cook or similar position, within a 5 Star hospitality and/or restaurant environment; basic culinary & knife handling skills are required.
- Must be physically fit and in good health, without any previous record of any medical problems, drug addiction and alcoholism.
- Fluent in English – must have excellent English communication skills to clearly interpret and orate documents, such as menus and recipes. The ability to speak additional languages is an advantage.
- Flexible, stress resistant, committed team player and exceptional work ethic is required.
- Guest-focused, service-oriented, positive personality, professional appearance and impeccable hygiene standards, with excellent knowledge of all Public Health Policies are required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and be able to work a minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week; must be able to stand on feet for a long period of time.
- Previous cruise industry experience is preferred.
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures & STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure appropriate clothing and appearance according to Viking’s Image & Uniform Standards.
- The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary, at any point of time during his/her employment.
Position: Assistant Cook
Supervisor: Head of the Section and/or Executive Chef
Gives instructions to: NA
Receives instructions from: Cook, Assistant Chef de Partie, Chef de Partie, Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Executive Chef, Hotel General Manager
- October 4, 2022
Assistant Cook Full time
- June 29, 2022
Assistant Chef de Partie Full time
- April 21, 2022
Chef de Partie Full time
- April 17, 2022
Sous Chef Full time
- April 15, 2022
Cook Full time