- Full time
- Florida, United States
- @Norwegian Cruise Line posted 4 months ago
- Posted : November 24, 2022 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 2148
Job ID 8527
- Career Level Staff
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male/Female
- Industry Restaurant
- Qualifications Diploma
The Assistant Waiter assists a waiter with the service for food and beverage of an assigned station/team in the restaurants. This position will rotate throughout the Buffet and Room Service as assigned by management. The Assistant Waiter will also ensure that guests are consistently provided with courteous, prompt and efficient service according to company standards.
- Assist with achieving departmental guest satisfaction targets and food and beverage revenues by following established service strategies and optimizing up-sell opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
Restaurant and Buffet
- Ensures that assigned station is properly setup with the required amounts of china, glassware, silverware and mis-en-place prior to the start of service.
- Complies with sequence of service for food and beverage, and follows the lead/instructions of the Waiters to ensure timeliness of service to guests.
- Resolves any service and/or product deficiencies that may occur, to ensure satisfaction of service with guests in assigned station.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly cleaned and set-up at the end of the meal period and that all assigned side-work is complete.
- Performs other jobs as assigned, to include but not limited to manning non-cooking buffet action stations (i.e. carving station, dessert station).
- Deliver food and beverage orders to guest’s staterooms as per company procedure.
- Deliver amenities to guest’s staterooms.
- Assists with private parties and functions.
- Field guest phone orders and handle according to established procedures.
- Clear service trays from staterooms, corridors and pantries in a timely manner.
- Minimum of two years experience as a front waiter with fine dining and banquet service experience in any of the following settings: 3 Star – 5 Star land-based hotel/resort; free-standing restaurant with at least 180 seats; or previous shipboard experience in a similar position is required.
- Minimum of two years experience selling and serving wine and other beverage products is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- January 29, 2023
Waiter/Waitress Full time
- April 15, 2022
Asst. Waiter/ess Full time
- January 27, 2022
Café Attendant Full time
- January 19, 2022
Waiter / Waitress Full time
Bartender Full time