- Full time
- United States
- @Windstar Cruises posted 1 month ago
- Posted : April 19, 2022 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 80
Job ID 20484
- Career Level Staff
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male/Female
- Industry Culinary
- Qualifications Diploma
Summary: The Storekeeper is responsible for all the activities in the Storeroom.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work according to the 6 key principles: show well, the right delights, service wow, sails are up, destination engagement and magical moments.
- Supervising the issuing of goods from the Storerooms, while ensuring correct product, quantity and quality is given following the FIFO System of First-In-First-Out and labeling system.
- Responsible to execute and implement proper maintenance and cleaning procedures in all Storeroom areas in order to ensure good appearance and condition of these areas. Ensures compliance of USPH standards and other Health Authorities as appropriate.
- Complete all documentation during issuing for submission to Controller.
- Responsible for overall direction, supervision and personal conduct of GPA Stores. Prepares monthly Fitness evaluations together with the Controller. Surf only.
- In charge of the day-to-day operation that pertains to checking the quality of the goods upon arrival, during storage and issuing (including temperatures of Food Items). Ensuring they are stored properly in order to comply with the health, sanitation and safety standards.
- Responsible to inform the Controller about expiry dates of food products.
- Controller conducts periodic inventory checks according to MHO guidelines (ref policy 6.05)
- Physical inventories are taken by Storekeeper and and Controller.
- Controller creates variance report in system within 12 hours of physical inventory being completed.
- Storekeeper has access to reports to verify quantities entered are correct.
- Variance report distributed to appropriate Dept Heads, Storekeeper & Hotel Manager
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Controller.
- Prepares work schedule for GPA Stores in the Storeroom Department according to Company’s procedures including enforcing work/rest hour procedures and the minimization of overtime. Surf only.
- Check actual goods received against the “Update of Goods Received” Report prepared by the Controller to verify quantities entered are correct.
- Assists the Controller when loading and landing of goods. He participates physically in the storing of goods.
- Controller consults with Storekeeper in regards to average use of products in preparation of reorders.
- STCW 4 Part Basic Training
- Senior High School Graduate
- PSCRB Certificate
- Valid Seafarers Medical
- Must pass a security background check
- Latest experience must be within the past 2 years
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to the yachts and extended stay up to 10 months on board is required. Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during traveling periods and during periods of daily activities.