Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess
- Full time
- United States
- @Viking Cruises posted 4 months ago
- Posted : January 27, 2023 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 1234
Job ID 18018
- Career Level Staff
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender Male/Female
- Industry Housekeeping
- Qualifications Diploma
WORKING WITH VIKING
As a Viking Shipboard Team Member, you represent Viking’s values and our Service Standard, STAR Service. You are a hospitality professional with a passion for excellence. Viking will empower you with the skills, knowledge and tools to succeed in your role onboard. At Viking, we are committed to each other and our Guests through a shared set of values. We strive to be the best, we always impress our Guests and we care for each other as a family. By working for Viking, you embody our world-class service culture and become a valued part of our Viking Family.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess provides Guests with a professional, personalized housekeeping service at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining high standards and consistency of cleanliness of the Guest bathrooms, corridors and pantries, while providing our Guests with outstanding customer service.
- It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- Daily cleaning of Guest bathrooms & toilets, stateroom balconies, windows & furniture; clean & vacuum assigned corridors, trolleys, lockers & pantries, as per all Public Health Policies.
- Remove & transport required items to & from relevant areas to maintain upkeep of assigned section.
- Ensure lockers are sufficiently stocked with clean linen, towels, cleaning materials & amenities, up to par level; report any maintenance issues found in assigned areas.
- Ensure the confidentiality & security of all Guest staterooms and is able to handle Guest complaints.
- Make ice deliveries and provide a laundry pick-up & delivery and shoeshine service for Guests.
- Correctly handle cleaning products, materials and housekeeping equipment, separate & remove garbage and place it in designated containers; clean garbage as often as needed, ensuring that separation procedures and all Public Health Standards are maintained.
- Participate in luggage duty on embarkation & disembarkation day.
- Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
- Provide the highest level of comfort and service to Guests and consistently maintain an impeccable standard of cleanliness and hygiene in assigned areas, as per Viking’s STAR Service Standards and all Public Health Policies.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking’s Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment and programs.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Housekeeping Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
- Assist the Stateroom Host/ess with managing the stateroom minibars during each cruise, as required by the Executive Housekeeper.
This document describes the primary activities, duties and responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
- Must have 1 – 2 years’ experience as an Assistant Stateroom Steward/ess or similar position.
- Previous experience working in an operation with high standards of Guest services and cleanliness, such as 5-star deluxe ships are required; previous cruise industry experience is preferred.
- Must be able to do extensive walking and have the ability to stand on feet for a long time; must be able to physically handle 50+ lbs.
- Must have good English communication skills; excellent organizational skills are required.
- Guest-focused, service-oriented, positive personality, professional appearance and impeccable hygiene standards are required; must be able to deal with confidential information with competence and discretion.
- Must be able to work with various chemicals and cleaning tools; must have excellent knowledge of all Public Health Policies.
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures & STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure appropriate clothing and appearance according to Viking’s Image & Uniform Standards.
- The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary, at any point of time during his/her employment.
- August 15, 2022
Housekeeper Full time
- January 27, 2022
Utility/Hotel Custodial Full time
- January 20, 2022
Stateroom Attendant Full time