- Full time
- Florida, United States
- @Norwegian Cruise Line posted 4 months ago
- Posted : November 24, 2022 -Accepting applications
- View(s) 874
Job ID 8526
- Career Level Staff
- Experience 1 Year
- Gender Male/Female
- Industry Culinary
- Qualifications Diploma
The Assistant Pastry is responsible for delivering products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to USPH/FDA guidelines. Assistants are responsible for procuring ingredients, scaling, preparing, and finishing in accordance with standardized procedures and corporate specifications. He/she reports directly to the Chief Pastry. He/she is responsible for following all standardized procedures, safety regulations, and notifying the Chief Pastry or Pastry of any shortages or discrepancies in products or ingredients. The Assistant Pastry is responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean at all times.
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all procedures and corporate specifications, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Responsible for procurement, scaling, preparing, and finishing products
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, and holding food.
- Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
- Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
- Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling.
- Maintains USPH/FDA standards for station
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Minimum one year experience using basic pastry techniques and skills in order to decorate, portion and plate pastries.
- Minimum one year experience using basic pastry techniques and skills in order to prepare pastries such as: candies, petit fours, frozen and cold desserts.
- Minimum of six months experience in using/operating basic pastry equipment such as balance scales, mixers, and ovens.
- Minimum one year experience in a pastry production operation is required. Formal culinary training may substitute at an equivalent rate.
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Two year degree from a recognized culinary educational establishment or foreign equivalency is preferred.
- October 4, 2022
Assistant Cook Full time
- June 29, 2022
Assistant Chef de Partie Full time
- April 21, 2022
Chef de Partie Full time
- April 17, 2022
Sous Chef Full time
- April 15, 2022
Cook Full time